Mark Meshulam, the Chicago Window Expert has over 33 years experience in construction, consulting, contracting, laboratory and field testing, forensic investigations, insurance claims and expert witness work. He specializes in windows, glass, mirrors, curtainwalls, entrances, skylights, panel systems, louvers, window films, sealants and similar architectural products.
Mr. Meshulam is often involved with claims, insurance claims and disputes involving leakage in the building envelope, failure of building envelope components (such as glass breakage, leaks and sealant failure), and also personal injury arising out of such products, including injuries from glass breakage and detachment.
He offers his expertise to property owners who face planning decisions regarding the future of building components, such as whether windows should be repaired or replaced, proper selection of low-e glass, proper detailing for sealant applications, and cost-benefit studies.
In his capacities at Builders Architectural Products, Inc., one of Chicagoâ€™s largest glazing contractors, Meshulam was directly involved with the performance of hundreds of construction projects covering the full range of buildings from single family to 57 story high-rises, totaling millions of square feet of installed products.
Experience includes commercial buildings, schools, universities, hospitals, power plants, penal institutions, factories, multi-family, and historic renovation, including the renowned Field Museum of Natural History.
Drawing upon his experience as a contractor, Mr. Meshulam is able not only to ascertain the codes and standards most applicable to a given matter, but also to address with authority industry practices not necessarily published.
As Director of Engineering for Builders Architectural Products, Inc., he directed the work of draftsmen and structural engineers, creating a cross-referencing system for relating shop drawings details with structural calculations, as well as producing a volume of drafting standards that were successfully employed for numerous large scale projects.
Meshulam is responsible for scores of original aluminum extrusion designs used on custom projects to meet unique project specifications, along with the direct involvement with manufacturers required to successfully produce the new or innovated products.
Committed to field quality control, Meshulam issued illustrated installation manuals for selected projects, and taught training courses for installers. Meshulam now brings these clear, highly illustrated presentation methods for the benefit of clients, to assist in simply communicating difficult technical problems and accurately presenting an opinion.
Meshulam is an accomplished author and speaker, having published over 50 trade articles and having spoken at numerous industry events.
Thanks for visiting Chicago Window Expert!
Need help with your windows?
Call Mark Meshulam,
the Chicago Window Expert
For the expert attention you deserve.
One Response to “About”
[...] episode of Dateline NBC will feature a story that Mark Meshulam, aka Chicago Window Expert and the speaker for The Facilities Management Summit 2013 in Chicago, has been closely [...]
- Window Water Leak Testing
- Window Consultant for Architects, Engineers and Building Owners
- Condensation Investigation & Testing for Windows and Buildings
- Expert Witness & Investigation of Window Falls
- Expert Witness & Investigation of Glass Injury
- Glass Consultant for Architects, Engineers and Building Owners
- Masonry & Wall Moisture Intrusion Investigation & Testing
- Air Infiltration Testing for Windows & Curtainwalls
- Insurance Investigation for Claimants or Carriers
- Insulating Glass Dew Point Testing
Coming soon to your area
- Window Testing: Ultimate Quality Control
- Preconstruction Mockup Testing: A Guide for Construction Professionals
- How to Fix Window Air Infiltration Leaks in Cold & Drafty Windows
- Sudden Temperature Drop, Cold Snap Coincides with Window Condensation Article Web Traffic
- Is Safety Glass Really Safe?
- Window Dangers in College Dormitories: The Tragedy of Taylor Cothran
- Building Energy Benchmarking and Window/Curtainwall Retrofit
- Building Energy Benchmarking and Window/Curtainwall Retrofit Part 2
- Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents
- Broken Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents Part 2
- Windows for Buildings: Window Types & Materials
- Windows: Significant for Energy and Comfort
- Breaking Glass Shower Doors & Enclosures
- Glass Breakage and Pre-Existing Damage
- Restoring Steel Windows
- Deadly Falls from Windows: Preventable?
- Test Your Mettle at Construction Research Lab
- The Symbolic Value of Buildings
- Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
- Envision the Wind in a Blizzard
Photo of the day
- Jon on Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
- Innovative Home Concepts on My Windows Leak!
- Rachel on Windows for Buildings: Window Types & Materials
- Lucy on Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
- Ron on Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
- ernie on Contact
- Rachel on Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
- Mark Meshulam on Photos
- Mark Meshulam on Sudden Temperature Drop, Cold Snap Coincides with Window Condensation Article Web Traffic
- Quora on Annealed Glass, Heat Strengthened Glass, Tempered Glass and Insulated Glass
- dan on Window Condensation: Top 10 Fixes
- Mark Meshulam on Broken Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents Part 2
- Mark Meshulam on Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents
- dan collison on Contact
- John on Deadly Falls from Windows: Preventable?
- Ralph J. Wright on Is Safety Glass Really Safe?
- Kirk Kissner on Contact
- Josue Joseph on Is Safety Glass Really Safe?
- Kenny on Breaking Glass Shower Doors & Enclosures
- Dennis McMullin on Is Safety Glass Really Safe?
Most Popular Posts
- My Windows Leak! 48 comments | 31,247 views
- Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows 17 comments | 28,092 views
- Window Condensation: Top 10 Fixes 12 comments | 18,392 views
- Annealed Glass, Heat Strengthened Glass, Tempered Glass and Insulated Glass 8 comments | 14,063 views
- Window Glazing Leaks 19 comments | 13,951 views
- Diagnosing Glass Breakage 24 comments | 11,135 views
- Breaking Glass Shower Doors & Enclosures 49 comments | 11,116 views
- Aluminum Window Leaks 8 comments | 9,848 views
- Broken Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents Part 2 1 comment | 7,845 views
- Insulated Glass Seal Failure 18 comments | 5,982 views
- Window Sealant Failure 18 comments | 5,772 views
- Photos 2 comments | 5,724 views
- Deadly Falls from Windows: Preventable? 17 comments | 5,466 views
- About 1 comment | 5,192 views
- The Symbolic Value of Buildings 4 comments | 5,159 views
- Wind Loads and Windows for the Very Windy City 12 comments | 5,036 views
- Leaks Through Split Face Block 7 comments | 4,105 views
- ASTM 0 comments | 3,750 views
- Welcome to Chicago Window Expert 4 comments | 3,721 views
- Preparing for a Window Leak Survey 2 comments | 3,611 views
- Bill Baker of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP: Tall Buildings and the Burj Khalifa 4 comments | 3,547 views
- The Lowdown on Low-E Glass 3 comments | 3,538 views
- Testing Leaking Brick Walls 17 comments | 3,346 views
- Contact 3 comments | 3,130 views
- Projects 1 comment | 2,931 views
- How to Fix Window Air Infiltration Leaks in Cold & Drafty Windows 0 comments | 2,902 views
- Wood Window Leaks 2 comments | 2,842 views
- Restoring Steel Windows 6 comments | 2,797 views
- Chicago Energy Conservation Code for Dummies 9 comments | 2,711 views
- AAMA 0 comments | 2,667 views
- Historic Window Renovation 11 comments | 2,585 views
- Analytics 0 comments | 2,359 views
- Storm Damage to Windows and Glass 0 comments | 2,204 views
- Field Museum Window Replacement 3 comments | 2,177 views
- Leaks and Mold in Walls: the dirty little secret 2 comments | 2,156 views
- Wynning in Glass Vegas 3 comments | 2,101 views
- An Interview with Viracon 4 comments | 2,087 views
- Air Infiltration Testing for Windows & Curtainwalls 0 comments | 2,050 views
- Curtainwall Leaks 6 comments | 2,021 views
- Factories 1 comment | 1,986 views
- An Interview with Historic Mike Jackson 3 comments | 1,924 views
- The Future of Windows 7 comments | 1,902 views
- Search 0 comments | 1,886 views
- Is Safety Glass Really Safe? 5 comments | 1,884 views
- Window Water Leak Testing 0 comments | 1,845 views
- Window Repair or Window Replacement? 9 comments | 1,799 views
- Windows for Buildings: Window Types & Materials 1 comment | 1,666 views
- Thermal Images of Insulated Glass Types 2 comments | 1,661 views
- An Interview with Guardian 4 comments | 1,605 views
- Services 0 comments | 1,589 views