Mark Meshulam, the Chicago Window Expert has over 33 years experience in construction, consulting, contracting, laboratory and field testing, forensic investigations, insurance claims and expert witness work. He specializes in windows, glass, mirrors, curtainwalls, entrances, skylights, panel systems, louvers, window films, sealants and similar architectural products.
Mr. Meshulam is often involved with claims, insurance claims and disputes involving leakage in the building envelope, failure of building envelope components (such as glass breakage, leaks and sealant failure), and also personal injury arising out of such products, including injuries from glass breakage and detachment.
He offers his expertise to property owners who face planning decisions regarding the future of building components, such as whether windows should be repaired or replaced, proper selection of low-e glass, proper detailing for sealant applications, and cost-benefit studies.
In his capacities at Builders Architectural Products, Inc., one of Chicagoâ€™s largest glazing contractors, Meshulam was directly involved with the performance of hundreds of construction projects covering the full range of buildings from single family to 57 story high-rises, totaling millions of square feet of installed products.
Experience includes commercial buildings, schools, universities, hospitals, power plants, penal institutions, factories, multi-family, and historic renovation, including the renowned Field Museum of Natural History.
Drawing upon his experience as a contractor, Mr. Meshulam is able not only to ascertain the codes and standards most applicable to a given matter, but also to address with authority industry practices not necessarily published.
As Director of Engineering for Builders Architectural Products, Inc., he directed the work of draftsmen and structural engineers, creating a cross-referencing system for relating shop drawings details with structural calculations, as well as producing a volume of drafting standards that were successfully employed for numerous large scale projects.
Meshulam is responsible for scores of original aluminum extrusion designs used on custom projects to meet unique project specifications, along with the direct involvement with manufacturers required to successfully produce the new or innovated products.
Committed to field quality control, Meshulam issued illustrated installation manuals for selected projects, and taught training courses for installers. Meshulam now brings these clear, highly illustrated presentation methods for the benefit of clients, to assist in simply communicating difficult technical problems and accurately presenting an opinion.
Meshulam is an accomplished author and speaker, having published over 50 trade articles and having spoken at numerous industry events.
Thanks for visiting Chicago Window Expert!
Need help with your windows?
Call Mark Meshulam,
the Chicago Window Expert
For the expert attention you deserve.
One Response to “About”
[...] episode of Dateline NBC will feature a story that Mark Meshulam, aka Chicago Window Expert and the speaker for The Facilities Management Summit 2013 in Chicago, has been closely [...]
- Window Water Leak Testing
- Window Consultant for Architects, Engineers and Building Owners
- Condensation Investigation & Testing for Windows and Buildings
- Expert Witness & Investigation of Window Falls
- Expert Witness & Investigation of Glass Injury
- Glass Consultant for Architects, Engineers and Building Owners
- Masonry & Wall Moisture Intrusion Investigation & Testing
- Air Infiltration Testing for Windows & Curtainwalls
- Insurance Investigation for Claimants or Carriers
- Insulating Glass Dew Point Testing
Coming soon to your area
- Nickel Sulfide Inclusion and Spontaneous Glass Breakage
- Window Testing: Ultimate Quality Control
- Preconstruction Mockup Testing: A Guide for Construction Professionals
- How to Fix Window Air Infiltration Leaks in Cold & Drafty Windows
- Sudden Temperature Drop, Cold Snap Coincides with Window Condensation Article Web Traffic
- Safety Glass: Is It Really Safe?
- Window Dangers in College Dormitories: The Tragedy of Taylor Cothran
- Building Energy Benchmarking and Window/Curtainwall Retrofit
- Building Energy Benchmarking and Window/Curtainwall Retrofit Part 2
- Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents
- Broken Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents Part 2
- Windows for Buildings: Window Types & Materials
- Windows: Significant for Energy and Comfort
- Breaking Glass Shower Doors & Enclosures
- Glass Breakage and Pre-Existing Damage
- Restoring Steel Windows
- Deadly Falls from Windows: Preventable?
- Test Your Mettle at Construction Research Lab
- The Symbolic Value of Buildings
- Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
Photo of the day
- George Blackburn on Contact
- tony on Breaking Glass Shower Doors & Enclosures
- Jon on Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
- Innovative Home Concepts on My Windows Leak!
- Rachel on Windows for Buildings: Window Types & Materials
- Lucy on Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
- Ron on Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
- ernie on Contact
- Rachel on Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows
- Mark Meshulam on Photos
- Mark Meshulam on Sudden Temperature Drop, Cold Snap Coincides with Window Condensation Article Web Traffic
- Quora on Annealed Glass, Heat Strengthened Glass, Tempered Glass and Insulated Glass
- dan on Window Condensation: Top 10 Fixes
- Mark Meshulam on Broken Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents Part 2
- Mark Meshulam on Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents
- dan collison on Contact
- John on Deadly Falls from Windows: Preventable?
- Ralph J. Wright on Safety Glass: Is It Really Safe?
- Kirk Kissner on Contact
- Josue Joseph on Safety Glass: Is It Really Safe?
Most Popular Posts
- My Windows Leak! 48 comments | 33,661 views
- Leaks and Problems with Vinyl Windows 17 comments | 33,046 views
- Window Condensation: Top 10 Fixes 12 comments | 21,633 views
- Annealed Glass, Heat Strengthened Glass, Tempered Glass and Insulated Glass 8 comments | 18,112 views
- Window Glazing Leaks 19 comments | 15,152 views
- Breaking Glass Shower Doors & Enclosures 50 comments | 13,699 views
- Diagnosing Glass Breakage 24 comments | 12,349 views
- Aluminum Window Leaks 8 comments | 11,109 views
- Broken Glass Evidence in Crimes and Accidents Part 2 1 comment | 10,058 views
- Photos 2 comments | 9,130 views
- Wind Loads and Windows for the Very Windy City 12 comments | 7,091 views
- Insulated Glass Seal Failure 18 comments | 6,786 views
- Window Sealant Failure 18 comments | 6,687 views
- The Symbolic Value of Buildings 4 comments | 6,549 views
- Deadly Falls from Windows: Preventable? 17 comments | 6,386 views
- About 1 comment | 5,779 views
- Welcome to Chicago Window Expert 4 comments | 5,024 views
- Leaks Through Split Face Block 7 comments | 4,833 views
- Contact 4 comments | 4,594 views
- Bill Baker of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP: Tall Buildings and the Burj Khalifa 4 comments | 4,163 views
- ASTM 0 comments | 4,076 views
- How to Fix Window Air Infiltration Leaks in Cold & Drafty Windows 0 comments | 3,994 views
- The Lowdown on Low-E Glass 3 comments | 3,952 views
- Preparing for a Window Leak Survey 2 comments | 3,812 views
- Testing Leaking Brick Walls 17 comments | 3,812 views
- Wood Window Leaks 2 comments | 3,543 views
- Projects 1 comment | 3,429 views
- Historic Window Renovation 11 comments | 3,348 views
- Safety Glass: Is It Really Safe? 5 comments | 3,312 views
- Restoring Steel Windows 6 comments | 3,306 views
- Chicago Energy Conservation Code for Dummies 9 comments | 3,282 views
- AAMA 0 comments | 3,219 views
- Storm Damage to Windows and Glass 0 comments | 3,180 views
- Window Water Leak Testing 0 comments | 2,986 views
- Air Infiltration Testing for Windows & Curtainwalls 0 comments | 2,942 views
- Analytics 0 comments | 2,929 views
- Factories 1 comment | 2,656 views
- Leaks and Mold in Walls: the dirty little secret 2 comments | 2,652 views
- Field Museum Window Replacement 3 comments | 2,577 views
- Curtainwall Leaks 6 comments | 2,461 views
- An Interview with Historic Mike Jackson 3 comments | 2,441 views
- An Interview with Viracon 4 comments | 2,397 views
- Windows for Buildings: Window Types & Materials 1 comment | 2,378 views
- The Future of Windows 7 comments | 2,312 views
- Wynning in Glass Vegas 3 comments | 2,311 views
- Window Expert Articles 0 comments | 2,297 views
- Services 0 comments | 2,183 views
- Window Repair or Window Replacement? 9 comments | 2,167 views
- Sudden Temperature Drop, Cold Snap Coincides with Window Condensation Article Web Traffic 1 comment | 2,127 views
- Thermal Images of Insulated Glass Types 2 comments | 1,942 views