Dewpoint testing of insulated glass helps to determine if edge seals are performing well or are near failure. We bring our dew point test equipment to your project to test your glass units. We use the ASTM E546 Insulated Glass Frost/Dewpoint test method. The dewpoint inside the insulating glass is a good indicator of the unit’s quality and longevity.
This is the test method we use…
- ASTM E546 – 08
Standard Test Method for Frost/Dewpoint of Sealed Insulating Glass Units
Who should perform insulated glass dewpoint testing?
- Window manufacturer who wants to check the quality of outsourced insulated glass
- Contractor testing the quality of newly installed glass
- Building owner testing the condition of existing glass
- Building owner who has experienced glass failures, to determine extent of problem
- Building inspectors to determine anticipated longevity of existing insulated glass
- Glass consultant assessing and testing glass quality in the event of failure or dispute
Other glass-related services…
- We survey for condensation between glass panes
- We survey glass for scratches or visual imperfections
- We check for Low-E coating imperfections
Insulated Glass Seal Failure
Thermal Images of Insulated Glass Types
2 thoughts on “Insulating Glass Dewpoint Testing | ASTM E546 Frost/Dewpoint Test”
I found your name on the Internet. My wife and I live in a 10 year old townhouse in Oak Park, IL, and our JELD-WEN doors and windows seem to loose much of their insulating and soundproof (we live next to L train) qualities in recent year or two. We are planning to replace them in the near future (this year perhaps), it is a big cost of course, and we wonder if we can still repair them, and if replacement is necessary, what kind of windows should we install (we want them to last more than 10 years). Do you provide such expertise? how much such expertise costs?
Please let me know.
Oak Park IL
In my experience, most windows can be repaired, especially if they have insulated glass. I do provide consultation on how to fix windows.
Comments are closed.